Monday, July 28, 2008

Abstinence

In our world today many people have questioned why abstinence is so important, and this is a poem that will begin to explain the true value of sexual purity, "Abstinence? In a world that focuses on pleasure, this word has no meaning. For those searching for love in all of the wrong places, this word has no meaning. For those who only rely on the approval and acceptance of others, this word has no meanisng. For those who only focus on the present and never look forward to the future, this word has no meaning. For those who only think, "What can I get?" this word has no meaning. For those who feel they have no purpose, this word has no meaning. In a world that is completely lost, this word has no meaning. Abstinence, Does it mean anything to you?" These are some very good points that explain/support why saving sex for marriage is worth the wait. The individual will not have to worry about getting pregnant, a sexually transmitted disease, and the they will be spared from much emotional pain and heartache. God is able to provide one with a way out of being tempted 100% of the time, one has the priviledge and the opportunity to live out and to excel in their dreams, and when someone gets married they will be able to present their whole self to their future mate.

First of all, an individual will not have to worry about getting pregnant, and the regret of not being able to completely be able to care for the child when it becomes older. The welfare rates in this country have skyrocketed, not to mention how many unwed teenage mothers will never truly have a chance to fulfill the dreams or opportunities that they could have once had. These are several examples of what a young girl might be telling her parents for the choice she made, "I could be pregnant." "Whom do I talk to?" "Why did I listen to him?" "I can't tell anyone." "But he said he loved me." "If I tell, he'll never speak to me again." Here is another common fact, "We all know the way it works, when a male and a female have sexual contact, it can result in a pregnancy. every day in America, 2,739 teenage girls get pregnant. That is one million teenage girls every year! A pregnancy can occur the very first time a person has sex. A girl can get pregnant even if birth control pills and condoms are being used. Abstinence means freedom from pregnancy." Here are some of their stories, "I've decided to save sex for marriage. I've seen pregnant girls in my neighborhood. They don't look happy, or confident. They look scared. Where is the guy who only a few months ago promised he would care for her, would always be there? Even when he does stick around, the respect is gone. It didn't mean enough to her to save such an important adventure for one guy. There are so many frogs out there, each one swearing that if you kiss him, he'll turn into Prince Charming. It's such a shame so many young girls fall for this trick." "I felt strange, and in a sense, used. It was like we were caring for the same person-him. I felt left out of it."-Elizabeth,15. "The benefits of remaining pure until marriage is great!"-Shane and Lisa, Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Second, an individual will not have to worry about getting a STD, and so far it has been almost impossible for the scientists to find a solution to these diseases. Here is a short list os the diseases that are rampant in most of the United States as well as around the world: Human Pampilloma Virus-It is the fastest spreading disease in the U.S. Many who have this incurable virus are asymptomatic, others may have genital warts. This virus also causes cancer, killing over 4,900 women each year. Since this virus can spread throughout the sexual area and is transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, condoms offer little to no protection. AIDS/HIV, Syphilis, Trichomoniasis, Common Infections, and Pubic Lice. There are about 50 known STD's today, but there could be more out there as well. These are several of the examples that one might ask, "Do I have a STD?" "It could be herpes." "What could be wrong?" "She said she was clean." "Is something wrong with me?" "Why do I feel like I'm burning?" "I can't have a STD, that wouldn't happen to me." "Maybe it wasn't her first time." "I don't feel good."

Third, they will be spared from much emotional pain and heartache, and another thing that many young people and adults do not take into consideration is the fact that there is no condom or contraceptive/birth control pill that can guarantee that one will not have broken heart in the end. There are many young women who give themselves away; and the very next morning they discover that they are alone. Another thing that many people do not realize is that when they give that part of their body or heart away to someone, they are giving that other person a special gift that they can never get back, but Jesus can give them a second chance in that area if they choose to ask Him to cleanse and to heal that area in their lives. Here is another quote: "I met him, I liked him, I loved him, I let him, I lost him."-Author Unknown. "I met her, I liked her, wanted her, I asked her, she said, "No." I married her, and I am still with her forty years later."-A man from Texas.

Fourth, God is able to provide one with a way out of being tempted 100% of the time, which will also enable them to keep pressing on, and being able to stay strong even when it seems like no one else is staying pure. There were many times during bhigh school that I was mocked for my choice to remain abstinent until marriage, and my reason is simple, someday I want to be able to look my future husband in the eye, and tell him that he was worth the wait.

Fifth, when someone gets married someday they will be able to present themselves wholly to their future mate. There will not be any regret, and they will know that the wait was worth it in the end. This an example of a couple that did not choose to wait for their future spouse in the past, "The groom waits for his bride to walk down the aisle. As they stand hand in hand at the alter, another woman appears and takes the groom's hand, then another, until there are several women holding on the groom. Likewise, there are several men holding onto the bride. As they both say their vows, they look at each other with sadness because so many had come before the,. How could anyone experience the intimacy of marriage when they had given so much of themselves away?" This is one's decision on why choosing abstinence is so important, "Hey, My name is Crystal Michelle. I decided to wait for SEX among other things for a while back. I have pledged to God that I would not kiss until the pastor says, "And NOW you may kiss your bride." I just feel that will be the most magical moment in my life. I know that others may not be capable of such temptation. But I know if a guy would wait for my first kiss...He must be one world of a guy! Everyone says I must be crazy and that is not possible. "We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!" I know it is hard. OH DO I?!!!!! Because you naturally just want that closeness. But commitment=intimacy. No other way! Some people have been upset with me for choosing to wait and give my virginity over to the man I love. They tell me, "What if he is a horrible kisser?" "What if he is awful in bed?" My reply, "How will I know the difference? I do not want to be compared to." If you love someone ...you should not judge him or her. One thing that is something we should all think about is: "Am I going to be able to marry him/her? Is he/she someone that I would consider marrying? If not leave him/her alone! Stop playing the "dating game". When you start to "lust" after someone, say, "No what would he/she look like in 50 years? Other appearances don't matter as much as innner beauty. When we start looking for the opposite sex for, "What can they give me?" we are wrong! We are heading for the wrong direction! Stop and turn around! WE should look at the opposite sex as...brothers and sisters in the Lord until Marriage. The problem in some/most dating relationships is that people think they own the other person. They do not own the person until marriage. I have some quick replies for sex..."Real men are sexually active." (SO is my real DOG.). "If you loved me, you'd do it." (If you loved me, you wouldn't ask.). "But I want to." (But I don't.). "Have you ever done it?" (Have you ever made the wonderful discovery of knowing Jesus Christ?) "Don't you love me? (Yes, but I love God more.). "I won't get you pregnant." (That's right, because you aren't going to touch me.). "But you owe me!" (Okay, I'll get you a key chain or something.).-Crystal Michelle 10th grade, Bigelow, Arkansas.

Inspirational Promises by Jessica M. Farnam
© 2008. All rights reserved.

No comments: